Carpet Cleaning There are carpets in the interior of every house. This is a symbol of home comfort and warmth. Hundreds, thousands of villi daily absorb dirt, dust and odor. We often don’t know how to clean a carpet at home.
Why you need to your carpet cleaning and how often
Carpets need constant care. Experts assure that a serious cleaning of carpets should be carried out at least once every six months. Moreover, each of your house cleaning should include at least minimal carpets cleaning Geelong (vacuum cleaner, wet cleaning). Why such scrupulousness?
The main problem with contaminated carpets is dust and saprophytic mites. They can cause asthmatic diseases, allergic reactions, and chronic rhinitis. In carpets, the accumulation of cellulose “library dust”, wool and animal dander, spores of fungi and bacteria, insect particles, keratinized elements of human skin, hair and nails are concentrated.
But the most dangerous pathogen for human health is the saprophyte mite. They are also called dust mites. They are very small in size, up to 0.5 mm. In carpets, their population can reach thousands. Studies say that a carpet without long cleaning is 7 times dirtier than a walking sidewalk.
Before you start cleaning carpets, you should know that they are “character” and don’t like a lot. For instance:
- too hot water;
- hard brushes;
- brushing against the lint;
- Dampness (because of it, the carpet wears out and holes appear on it).
Types of carpets and care for each
There are hand-made and machine-made carpets.
According to the production method, carpets are divided into:
- Fabric (a combination of synthetic and natural fibers). In turn, they are divided into needle-punched and needle-punched carpets;
- Non-woven (consisting of polyamide and polyester synthetic fibers).
Carpets are classified by pile length:
- Short-haired (up to 5 mm);
- Medium pile (from 6 to 15 mm);
- High-pile (from 16 mm).
Carpets are made from various materials:
cotton, wool, silk, rice, hemp, banana, nettle, reed, flax, seaweed, sisal, coir, bamboo, jute, nylon, polyester, polyamide, polypropylene, acrylic, viscose, paper.
Each fabric requires specific Carpet cleaning:
- A rug with a long pile is difficult to vacuum, and it quickly deteriorates from hard brushes. These carpets are best cleaned with soap suds. The solution must be applied with a cloth, left for several hours, and then washed. If problem spots remain on the pile, you will have to use a carpet steam cleaning in Australia.
- The short pile is easy to clean. Here you can apply normal dry and wet cleaning.
- Carpets made from natural materials are more susceptible to heavy dirt. What to do: thoroughly vacuum, make a solution of soda or starch and clean by hand.
- Synthetic carpets. Quite resistant to dirt, but quickly losing their beautiful appearance. Optimum cleaning – dry, vacuum cleaner to help you. Synthetics are afraid of water, so if you spill liquid, you need to get rid of the wet spot as soon as possible. Preferably with a dry napkin.
The Difference between Light and Dark Carpet Cleaners
Do not use baking soda, flour or starch to clean dark carpets, as white streaks may remain. The structure of the pile becomes rigid from the wrong products.
White and light-colored carpets do not like citric acid due to the fact that yellow spots can remain. And the sauerkraut cleaning method will not work either, for obvious reasons.