The Linksys extender setup can be set up in one of two ways. They are as follows:
1.WPS Method: WPS stands for Wireless Protected Setup, also known as automatic Linksys extender setup. To connect your WiFi extender to your router, simply click the WPS button.
2. Ethernet Cable Approach: To set up a Linksys range extender using this method, you’ll need two ethernet cables.
Now that you’re familiar with the two Linksys WiFi range extender setup techniques, it’s time to take the next step and fully comprehend each approach. So, let’s get rolling with the balls.
Setup Linksys Extender | WPS Method | Part 1 of 2
For tech rookies, the above-mentioned WiFi range extender setup could be a little difficult. Instead, you can use WPS, which is another Linksys WiFi range extender setup option. It’s a straightforward push-button setup procedure. All you need is a stable internet connection and sufficient power.
- Connect the Linksys extender to a power outlet close to your current WiFi router.
- On your Linksys extender, press the WPS button (It can be either on the back, left, or right side of your extender, depending on the model).
- Unplug the WiFi extender and place it halfway between your home WiFi router and places with dead network spots.
- Turn on your computer or laptop and try connecting to the extended network.
- Open any web browser and go to the Linksys extender setup page to save your modifications.
Kudos! The Linksys extender WPS setup procedure is now complete. If that doesn’t work, try our second technique for setting up a Linksys extension.
2nd of 2 Setup Linksys WiFi Extender | Ethernet Cable
You must have the following items before starting with the Ethernet-cable setup method:
- Two Ethernet connections • A live internet connection • A desktop or laptop computer • A reliable electric power supply • Two web browsers that are up to date
Once you have the above-mentioned items, carefully follow the under-breath steps:
- Connect an ethernet cable between your home WiFi router and extension using an ethernet cable.
- Connect your WiFi range extender to a standard power outlet.
- Wait a few minutes for the power LED to change color from amber to solid green.
- Connect a second ethernet connection to your desktop/laptop and the WiFi router.
- Turn on your home WiFi router as well as your desktop or laptop computer.
- After a few minutes, launch any of your favorite online browsers.
- Go to extender.linksys.com and see what you can find. Enter the Linksys extender default IP address if you are unable to access the extender.Linksys website.
- In the appropriate areas, type the default Linksys extender login credentials.
- Select ‘Login’ from the taking menu.
- Select ‘Extender Mode’ from the drop-down menu.
- Once you’ve finished, follow the on-screen instructions and click the ‘Apply’ option to save your changes.
- Unplug the WiFi range extender and relocate it within the network range of your home WiFi router.
- To test the live internet connection, connect any device to the extended network.
So, you’ve completed the Linksys range extender ethernet setup procedure. We hope that one of these two approaches will assist you in configuring your Linksys WiFi range extender.
If you have any remaining doubts or questions, please share them with us in the comments section. Please leave it in the comments box below, and we will do our best to respond.