Many users come across QuickBooks error 179 while reconnecting their bank account with QuickBooks. The main reason behind this banking error is that you have the corresponding banking app on your phone. To resolve the error, turn off the background app refresh and then try to connect it to your account. The error might also appear when your bank’s website rejects your login attempt as you are already logged on with the same account. Read the blog until the end to get detailed information on QuickBooks bank connection error 179, its causes and solutions.
If you need any technical assistance to resolve QuickBooks error 179, then dial our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430 and talk to certified QuickBooks professionals
Reasons that trigger QuickBooks Online error 179
Knowing the cause of the error help you choose the most appropriate solution to fix the error. We have listed a few of them below. Take a look:
- Providing incorrect login details.
- Bank account is logged in from multiple devices at the time of reconnecting it with QuickBooks.
- Login credentials are not updated in QuickBooks.
Now, proceed to the troubleshooting procedure given below.
If You facing QuickBooks database manager server error, You may step by step follow this article to resolve QBDBMgrN not running on this computer
Methods to Troubleshoot & Fix QuickBooks bank connection error 179
Following are the most effective troubleshooting methods to resolve the error:
Method 1. Use the File Doctor tool
You can resolve company file and network issues within QuickBooks with the help of the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. To run the tools, download and install the tool hub by following the steps given below:
- Exit QuickBooks.
- We suggest downloading the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file from downloads.
- Follow the on-screen steps to start installing the tool hub.
- You need to mark the agree to the terms and conditions box.
- Once done, the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will show up on the desktop.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Select the Company File Issues tab.
- Click Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Then, choose the company file from the drop-down menu.
- If you don’t find the file, click Browse and search.
- Choose Check your file option and then select Continue.
- Enter QuickBooks login details and then click Next.
In case the error is still not resolved, try the next method.
Method 2. Open the transaction log file from the Product Information window
If you are unable to open the file, try to access it in Windows. Here’s how:
- Start QuickBooks.
- Open the Product Information window by pressing the F2 key.
- Next, go to the Tech Help window.
- Choose the Open File tab.
- Select QBWin.log file and then click Open File.
We have tried our best to help you fix QuickBooks error 179. Hopefully, you find the blog helpful and informative. If the error continues after following the above troubleshooting steps, then contact the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our customer support number +1 800-579-9430.
Related Article :- Step by Step Guide to fix QuickBooks connection has been lost error